Even there are lots of WiFi hotspot software available for Windows 10, many users find the built-in Mobile Hotspot feature much simpler and easy to use. Recently, users have been raising a weird issue where Windows 10 Hotspot keeps turning off. Even is we are actively using the PC, the hotspot automatically turns off itself. If you are also facing the same issue then you are in the right place. In this guide, I have 3 methods to stop Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot from turning off. let’s go!
Stop Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot from Turning Off
In this article, I have three methods to solve the Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot issues. We recommend to follow the guide as structured, But you can quickly move to the method you like using the links below.
Disable Power Saving
1. First solutions is the simplest one that works for most users. Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings and navigate to Network and Internet.
2. Goto “Mobile Hotspot” menu and disable the toggle for “Power Saving” at the bottom of the page. That’s it. This should stop Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot from turning off.
Change Power Management Settings
1. If the first method is not fixing the issue then follow these steps. Right-click on the Windows Start Menu and open “Device Manager”.
2. Then, expand “Network Adapters” menu and double-click on the network card. It will be varying in computers, they can be from Intel, Broadcom, Realtek, or any other manufacturing company. Usually the network card will be the first one.
3. Go to the “Power Management” tab and disable the toggle “Allow the computer to turn off the computer device to save power”. Finally, click “OK” button and restart your PC. After that, Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot will not turn off frequently.
Modify the Registry
1. If issue with Mobile Hotspot on Windows 10 still persists then you will have to modify the Registry. Press the Windows key once and type “registry“. Open “Registry Editor” which will be the first result.
2. Copy the path below and paste it on the Registry address bar. Then, hit enter. The dedicated Registry page will be directly shown.
3. Right-click on the right-pane and select “New” -> “Dword (32-bit) Value”.
4. Rename it as “PeerlessTimeout” and change the value in input field to 120. Click on “OK”. By this step, you have increased the hotspot timeout to 120 minutes that is 2 hours. Finally, restart the computer, and Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot will not turn off automatically anymore.
Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Keeps Turning Off Solved
This is how you can stop Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot from turning off automatically. As described in the instructions above, issues are related to power saving configurations of the computer. So, by changing the settings you can stop this weird issue. If the issue still persists, we will have to create a WiFi hotspot using Command Prompt.